By Albert M. Cook,Janice Miller Polgar
It’s right here: the newest version of the single textual content you must grasp assistive techniques, make convinced medical judgements, and aid increase the standard of lifestyles for individuals with disabilities. in keeping with the Human task Assistive expertise (HAAT) version, Assistive applied sciences: ideas and perform, 4th Edition offers exact assurance of the extensive variety of units, companies, and practices that contain assistive know-how, and makes a speciality of the connection among the human consumer and the assisted task inside of particular contexts. up-to-date and elevated, this re-creation beneficial properties assurance of recent moral concerns, extra specific purposes of the HAAT version, and numerous worldwide concerns highlighting know-how functions and repair supply in constructing countries.
- Human task Assistive know-how (HAAT) framework demonstrates assistive expertise inside of universal, daily contexts for extra correct application.
- Focus on medical software guides you in utilising recommendations to real-world situations.
- Review questions and bankruptcy summaries in each one bankruptcy assist you determine your figuring out and determine components the place extra examine is needed.
- Content at the influence of AT on little ones and the position of AT in play and schooling for kids with disabilities demonstrates how AT can be utilized for early intervention and to augment improvement.
- Coverage of adjusting AT wishes throughout the lifespan emphasizes how AT matches into people’s lives and contributes to their complete participation in society.
- Principles and perform of assistive technology presents the basis for potent decision-making.
- NEW! worldwide matters content broadens the focal point of software past North the US to incorporate expertise functions and repair supply in constructing countries.
- NEW! moral concerns and occupational justice content exposes you to very important info as you begin interacting with clients.
- NEW! extra case studies extra through the textual content foster an knowing of ways assistive applied sciences are used and the way they function.
- NEW! up to date content material reflects present expertise and is helping preserve you current.
- NEW! particular functions of the HAAT version in all the chapters on particular applied sciences and extra emphasis at the interactions one of the parts make content material even more uncomplicated to appreciate.
Read Online or Download Assistive Technologies- E-Book: Principles and Practice PDF
Similar allied health professions books
Now in its fourth variation, this center textbook maintains to supply a complete, systematic advisor to the exam and review of sufferers with neuromusculoskeletal disorder. the hot variation maintains with Nicola Petty on the helm yet she is now joined through a credible crew of specialised clinicians and teachers who've contributed to person chapters.
Rheumatology is an imperative source for physiotherapists, occupational therapists and different healthiness execs, delivering sensible ways to the therapy and administration of rheumatic musculoskeletal stipulations. The textual content makes a speciality of making use of evidence-based knowing of those stipulations to scientific context.
Fending off company Breakdowns specializes in prescribing a preventative procedure for managerial actors who face financial, social and environmental mess ups. Prevention is largely uncomplicated, however it would require a substantial broadening in either the character and the level of managerial responsibility.
Utilizing photographs and anatomic illustrations, Rad Tech's advisor to MRI: Imaging systems, sufferer Care, and security offers the reader with a brief review of MRI for speedy reference and exam guidance. As a part of the Rad Tech's consultant sequence, this quantity good points an summary of anatomy, imaging counsel, scanning tactics, and the most recent details on protocols--all within the context of sufferer care and protection.
- Pocket Guide to Sonography - E-Book
- Mental Health Law 2E A Practical Guide
- Mosby’s Radiation Therapy Study Guide and Exam Review - E-Book
- Radiology of Influenza: A Practical Approach
- Therapeutic Exercise (Therapeutic Exercise Moving Toward Function)
Additional resources for Assistive Technologies- E-Book: Principles and Practice
Assistive Technologies- E-Book: Principles and Practice by Albert M. Cook,Janice Miller Polgar
Categories: Allied Health Professions