By Martin Parlett
This groundbreaking political exposé scrutinizes the motivations at the back of the unheard of assaults on President Barack Obama that try to undermine his eligibility to steer the rustic.
• Analyzes the strategies utilized by political adversaries to undermine the presidency
• Considers the mass of literature and filmography which proliferates narratives of the president's foreignization and provides a counter-position
• Examines the rhetorical frames and motivations of Obama's foreignization
• offers perception into the motivations surrounding Obama-era conspiracy theories, resembling the Birther movement
• Underlines the post-20th century emergence and upkeep of an more and more polarized electoral climate
Read Online or Download Demonizing a President: The "Foreignization" of Barack Obama: The "Foreignization" of Barack Obama PDF
Similar ideologies books
In the midst of Europe, in the course of the 20th century, the Nazi and Soviet regimes murdered fourteen million humans within the bloodlands among Berlin and Moscow. In a twelve-year-period, in those killing fields - trendy Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, Western Russia and the jap Baltic coast - a normal of a couple of million electorate have been slaughtered each year, due to planned guidelines unrelated to wrestle.
The 20 th century has been labelled the ‘century of genocide’, and in line with estimates, greater than 250 million civilians have been sufferers of genocide and mass atrocities in this interval. This booklet presents one of many first nearby views on mass atrocities in Asia, by way of exploring the problem via important issues.
What occurs whilst the most important public concerns are made up our minds by means of the folk themselves? Canadians replied “Yes” or “No” to prohibiting alcohol, conscripting infantrymen, and revamping our structure. Forcing the general public to make an important offerings on the poll field is high-stakes democracy, either the following and in another country – as witnessed with Britain’s transformative 2016 “Brexit” verdict.
Democracy supplies rule through all, now not by means of the few. but, electoral democracies restrict decision-making to representatives and feature continually had a weak point for inequality. How may perhaps democracy serve all instead of the few? Democracy past the country kingdom: working towards Equality examines groups that govern their very own lives with no elites or centralized buildings via assemblies and consensus.
- Masters of the Universe: Hayek, Friedman, and the Birth of Neoliberal Politics
- Practicing Democracy: Popular Politics in the United States from the Constitution to the Civil War
- Post-Politics in Context (Routledge Innovations in Political Theory)
- Don't Mourn, Balkanize!
- Nietzsche und der Nationalsozialismus: Wieso Nietzsche nicht als geistiger Urheber des Nationalsozialismus gelten kann (German Edition)
Additional info for Demonizing a President: The "Foreignization" of Barack Obama: The "Foreignization" of Barack Obama
Demonizing a President: The "Foreignization" of Barack Obama: The "Foreignization" of Barack Obama by Martin Parlett